Dead Good Books launches the inaugural Dead Good Reader Awards.
The team behind crime community Dead Good Books have created six bespoke awards, which will be presented in Harrogate this July at the Theakstons Old Peculiar Crime Writing Festival.
Each award was created in collaboration with the Dead Good Facebook community and celebrates a unique element in crime writing.
The awards will feature an online reader nomination process. Readers can nominate their favourite authors and books for the awards online through the Dead Good website. When the shortlist for each award has been selected, readers will be able to vote for their favourite with the final winners being selected through a 50% digital and public vote at the festival.
The culmination of the awards will be at a special event on Friday 17th July at the festival with well-known crime authors such as Lee Child and Val McDermid presenting the awards. The awards are as follows:
- The Lee Child Award for Best Loner or Detective
- The Val McDermid Award for Fiendish Forensics
- The Reichenback Fall Award for Most Epic Ending
- The Dr Lecter Award for Scariest Villain
- The Patricia Highsmith Award for Most Exotic Location
- The Dead Good Recommends Award for Most Recommended Book